Tuesday, April 5, 2005

Not today

I’m writing this from my phone, so I’ll keep it brief: the results are in, and it looks like the Republican slate has been elected to serve Naperville Township. To Mr. Vician, Ms. Yurgaitis, Mr. Spitzzeri, and Ms. Busche. I look forward to their service and hope they serve our Township well.



I’m disappoointed in the results, but am excited about picking up where we left off to continue the hard work of building a party to speak up on behalf of the nearly 50 percent of the Township who side with the Democratic party in primaries and national elections.



Thanks to all who supported my campaign: I promise you, I’m in this for the long haul.

10 comments:

  1. "Thanks to all who supported my campaign: I promise you, I'm in this for the long haul."

    Rick, thanks for running and working so hard in this election -- and 1000 sincere thanks for pledging to stick with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your hard work in building up not only just the Naperville Democratic Party, but the party county wide as well. We appreciate all you do, and I will support you in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear the news, Rick. I know you would've done well. Keep up the great work... and for my sake, keep it local! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry. I voted yesterday for you, Janice and Matt Freeman and it looks like none of us were succesfl. Rats.

    Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I look forward to reading about your elective success next time around!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry about your loss. I think it's Naperville's loss, as well.

    Durbin's stump speech includes a bit of his sad political history. If I remember correctly, he was a four time loser before he got elected. I think the state is better off because he never gave up; and we'll be better off if you don't give up as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. While I hope Naperville continues to remain under Republican leadership, I do wish you luck in your endeavors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry for the loss, you certainly had my vote. As Democrats we need too keep encouraging qualified people like Rick to keep running for local offices. Too many times I've gone to the polls and have seen the phrase "Democratic Party: No candidate" on the ballot. This has to change.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The long haul is the most challenging, but also the most promising. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. If only four democrats had been listed first on the ballot...sigh. I think most people had no idea who they were voting for. And if they had, you'd be in.

    Speaking of ripoffs, I see meetup.com is going to charge groups a monthly fee!

    Please run again!

    ReplyDelete