Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Smoke Free Naperville

Today’s Naperville Sun has a story about a local group’s efforts to pass a law prohibiting smoking in Naperville restaurants and bars. (Naperville now has the option thanks to a recent bill signed into law by Governor Blagojevich, allowing cities to impose their own smoking limits/bans.)



I think this is a great idea; living in California a few years back, one of the joys was the complete lack of smoke in the restaurants and bars. I’ve already contacted the group to offer my help; will be interesting to see how this develops.

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you... one of the biggest shocks to my system moving back to Chicago from CA was the re-introduction of the "smoking section".

    I'm not an anti-smoking zealot... but smoke can really ruin a good meal, and if you can't wait another 10 minutes until you're in your own car to have that after-dinner cigarette, you really do have an addiction and need some help.

    I doubt we'll see a smoking ban in Chicago restaurants (or bars) anytime soon, but I can dream...

    ReplyDelete