Monday, November 21, 2005

At the top of my holiday wishlist

Sorry for the light posting. You’d think that with all the not-sleeping I’m doing these days that I’d have plenty of time for blogging. Instead, I’m mostly just trying to get my daughter to sleep. Either that, or complaining to Robin, which doesn’t make much sense since she’s getting less sleep than I am. Nevertheless, we’re all deliriously happy with our little one, who’s already over 4 weeks old. How time flies. (Or not, due to the whole lack of sleep thing. But you get the idea.)



Anyway, the point of this post: Dana Stevens at Slate just wrote about what is sure to be at the top of my Christmas wish list, the Mike Judge Collection of Beavis & Butt-Head. Juvenile humor? You bet. But other than having kids, the only other significant stretch of weeks without much sleep was when I was in law school. And when B&B came on at 11pm, it was about the only respite from endless reading of Torts, CivPro, Property and any number of other classes.



It would be fun to see the boys again after a decade…

2 comments:

  1. I was really excited by this as well, and then I read the reviews at Amazon. Sounds like the collection has been heavily censored or editted under the guise of it being a "director's cut", which makes NO sense to me! I'm pretty bummed now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I saw the same review... though this review at DVDTalk seems to cut it a little more slack...

    ReplyDelete