Saturday, February 10, 2007

Let's get to work

Barack Obama just concluded his announcement speech in Springfield. To a crowd estimated to be 10-15,000 supporters, he declared he’s officially running for President. The crowd’s a hearty bunch: it’s hovering right around zero degrees today.



Visitors to my site will see a link to a fundraising page I built using the new Barack Obama website. I will hopefully raise my goal in the next few months, but I figured I’d start with a relatively modest $10,000 goal. If you’re interested in contributing to Barack’s campaign, this will simply associate your contribution with my community. (All the money goes to the Obama campaign.) I’ll be contributing shortly, and would love for you to do the same. I promise this blog will not become an all-Obama-all-the-time blog, but I will periodically update you on things I think are of interest to you. (More regular updates on Obama specifically will be at either my page on the Obama site or at Facebook.)



In the meantime, if you’re interested in contributing, you can go here.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Rick,

    Spectating from north of the 49th, but still rooting for Obama. Good luck w/ the fundrasing.

    Ryan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've written a cool Obama'08 gadget for Live.com, Google, Spaces and can be added as a code snippet on websites and blogs. It's a cool mix of technology and politics. I thought you may want to check it out. It's at http://obama.livegadgets.net/. It would be cool if you give it a mention.

    Donavon West
    http://LiveGadgets.net

    ReplyDelete