Thursday, July 26, 2007

Living in San Ramon

The moving truck arrived yesterday morning and unloaded our stuff into the new house. It’ll take a while for us to get settled, but we could not be more thrilled to be in San Ramon. I have a gorgeous view of Mt. Diablo from the front of the house, and the Livermore hills to the south are a pretty beautiful sight to wake up to in the morning. I think I’ll feel more or less caught up by next week, at which point I hope to start regularly posting again… lots to talk about going on.

3 comments:

  1. San Ramon is nice - lived there about 9 years ago. It gets SUPERHOT in the summer, and the traffic on 580 is amazingly bad, even for the bay area.

    San Ramon probably is even more built up than when I lived there, but its was a very comfortable place that never felt very crowded. Getting into the City is really easy on BART - highly recommended (even if getting parking at the Dublin station can be a pain...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the area. I look forward to reading your future notes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I grew up in Livermore, and the 580 traffic is just ridiculous all the way out to Tracy. But I have very pleasant memories of boating and fishing at Del Valle Reservoir, or just an afternoon at Shadow Cliffs.

    ReplyDelete