Sunday, October 14, 2007

Back from Yosemite

Just got back from a wonderful three day vacation at Yosemite National Park. This is my fourth time to Yosemite – and my first in the fall. Wow… the park is a remarkably different place in the fall. The lack of crowds was certainly nice, but it was like exploring an entirely new park.



Lots of pictures to upload, tag, etc. But check out this sunset over the Yosemite Valley:





The fog was setting in, so the sun actually set below the fog and above the mountains. It was like nothing I’ve ever seen, and the effect – pink, orange, yellow, white… it was just breathtaking.



Oh, and the reason for the vacation? 10 years married to my wonderful wife.

4 comments:

  1. Rick, beautiful picture!! Congrats to you and Robin on 10!! Hope you guys are enjoying your new digs!! Miss you in Illinois!! Take care! Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome pic. Frame that up and toss it on your wall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rick: No comparison, but, in the small-world department, similar view: Yosemite at Sunset.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh, how beautiful - great shot. Can't wait to see more pictures. Rick as you know we spent that same weekend up in Sequoia and Kings canyon. It was awesome. Like you said, the park was empty - just the way I like it - smile. Oh, saw some bear cubs - that was awesome. Too bad I didn't have my camara with me - darn.

    Congratulations on your 10 year anniversary. I can't think of a more beautiful place to celebrate. Best, Michelle.

    ReplyDelete