Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Your Republican nominee

My immediate reaction to seeing Huckabee’s answer to the “Do you believe every word in the Bible?” question at the YouTube debate last week? He’s your Republican nominee:



A home run answer if ever there was one. He’s someone who, though I disagree pretty fundamentally with many of his positions, I could easily see supporting as a genuine leader who would have the country’s best interests at heart.

(Where have I been, you ask? Uh, busy. Who knew Google would be such a busy place to work?!)

3 comments:

  1. Yup, agree with you about Huckabee. Romney dodged the question in a pretty sleazy way. I got the sense that Giuliani wasn't honest, but at least he gave a better answer than Romney.

    ReplyDelete
  2. [...] like others believe that Mike Huckabee might pull it off and become the Republican nominee. But you read about [...]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scratch my initial endorsement of Huckabee. He's been doing a lot of mud slinging throughout his campaign, and that's not worthwhile behavior for a Christian.

    After seeing this video, I believe Barack Obama is the better man for the job, and a better Christian, too. But then you already knew that, didn't you? :-)

    ReplyDelete