Thursday, April 16, 2009

"Golfing" for the next few days

HILTON HEAD ISLAND, SC - APRIL 16:  Ernie Els ...Image by Getty Images via Daylife
Last summer, my brother and I told our Dad that we'd take him golfing for his 60th birthday. The weekend in which we actually deliver on that promise is upon us... and the reality that I will be soon defiling courses of incredible beauty is finally setting in.

To the thousands of golfers who will undoubtedly be paying higher greens fees on Hilton Head island as a result of my "golfing" this weekend, I apologize in advance. Please know that this was not done for my own edification, but for my Dad's enjoyment.

(That image to the right is of Ernie Els, who is among the many golfers competing in the Heritage Tournament this weekend right around the corner from where we're playing. I think we're going to get to watch the final day's play on Sunday, which may be as much for the courses' benefit as our own enjoyment.)

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment