Monday, October 19, 2009

BlogWorld Expo recap

I was in Las Vegas last week to attend BlogWorld Expo, and had a terrific time. Events like these are as much about the conversations in the hallways (and, if you're a speaker, the speaker ready room), and this year's BWE was no exception.

My presentation on Friday was about where blogs fit in at a time that everyone's attention seems to be on Twitter; I shared some stats about Blogger that many in the audience hadn't heard before. Louis Gray did a terrific job summarizing my presentation (makes me feel bad, all I did during his was heckle him), and I was quite interested in the Q&A. (Wayne Sutton broadcast my presentation on UStream, and the archived video is on his site here if you're interested.)

I covered some of the same ground in an interview I did with Abby Prince from WebProNews:


Thanks to everyone who stopped by to say hi, hopefully next time I won't have a wedding to go to and I can stay for the entire show!

4 comments:

  1. hi,

    i saw a response of yours in blogger help. i've been literally going crazy trying to figure out why all of a sudden, apparaently for the last two weeks my blog is no longer searchable through google or even my own 'lejit' onsite search engine Or my Apture? I haven't been able to make much sense out of the mountain of information all over the place, and frankly it's all just making me more confused and not able to focus on what the problem may be.

    I don't know if you might be able to help, but if you can either help personally or refer me to someone who can, i'd be very grateful.

    thanks,

    mossie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mossie - sorry you're having trouble. Have you posted to our help forum (help.blogger.com)? Comments to unrelated blog posts on my blog are really not the best place to get support - on our forum, other users (as well as members of our support team) review new posts throughout the day and should be able to help with your specific issue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    The BWE is good event to attend.The enthusiastic like me about the blogosphere have fun at that event.I missed this time but I will be there next year.

    netzwerkkabel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great talk, Rick, very motivating and really reinforced my love affair with blogging. Hope to see you soon, you should really stop by the SocialVibe offices next time you're in LA!

    ReplyDelete