Friday, January 29, 2010

Let Obama be Obama

Reading Marc Ambinder's recap of President Obama's "question time" at a GOP event today, it reminded me of one of my favorite West Wing scenes:



I've refrained from discussing politics on this blog for a long time, which surprises many who followed me through the 2004 and 2006 election, and to a lesser extent the 2008 election. I haven't felt I had much to add to the debate, candidly.

I want an honest debate. I realize that's somewhat naive, given the money at stake. But I want an engaged President, one who's intellectually honest but also not afraid of his own convictions. It sounds like that's what we got today, and I believe that the country needs more of it.

I have not seen the video of his 90 minutes sitting down with the GOP, but a commenter on Marc's post points out that C-Span has it here. I'll post a YouTube embed once it's up.

Update:The White House has the video of the event up:

1 comment:

  1. Great Job, Our President's effort of breaking down the barriers and communicate the willingness to get a Tough job done is Great! More Leaders and managers in Business could put away their predjudice (not in a racial manner in this meaning) thoughts open their eyes, ears & mind to achieve Great things requires radical aproaches.
    "Whatever is Good & Right Is Never Impossible" Henry Ford

    ReplyDelete