Tuesday, August 6, 2002

myRadio - an Aggregator improvement

Thanks to a note from Bryce Yehl, I finally downloaded myRadio. It looks good, and is a nice extension of the Radio desktop.



For the uninitiated, here’s what’s going on: Radio has two components. One is the version you see – a fully-formatted web site. There’s also a web site that I see. That web site includes (among other things) the news aggregator – which is just a collection of posts culled from sites that I tell the aggregator to monitor. myRadio takes the desktop website and makes it more like My Yahoo! – which is a good thing. Most notably, it takes care of one of the pet peeves I mentioned earlier today – items that I manually unchecked (to prevent their deletion) stay unchecked. This is a step in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment