Thursday, November 28, 2002

Happy Thanksgiving!

An absolutely wonderful day. Made waffles for everyone (my wife and two sons, and my in-laws are in town) to start the day, then spent all morning and early afternoon cooking with my wife. Butternut squash soup (from scratch), followed by turkey (which had brined for 9 hours, then air dryed for 12) that was without a doubt the best we’ve had. Accompanied by green beans (with shallots sauteed in dry vermouth), mashed potatoes, carrots cooked in a cranberry/orange glaze, and finished off with sweet potato cake.



There is much to be thankful for today. For my new niece (Sydney Caroline, born Tuesday to my brother and his wife), for my wife and two sons, for our health, for our extended families, and much more. I’m also thankful for those I’ve met through this blog experiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment