Saturday, February 22, 2003

Google polling

(cross-posted to both my personal blog and my Dean campaign blog)



Howard Dean gave a magnificent speech last night at the DNC Winter Meeting. (You can watch the video yourself – I’ve got a video archive of his speeches here; you can also read some of the post-speech reactions from the press clipping page.)



And if you didn’t really want to believe the pundits, then at least let Google tell the story. My site averaged 15-20 visitors per Saturday for the last month; today, the day after his speech, that more than quadrupled. Page views are up over 600%. The traffic almost all came from Google.



Which raises an awfully interesting question (I’m sure I’m not the first to wonder): how effective is Google as a polling tool? Anyone out there tracking Google queries for political reporting purposes? Let me know.

1 comment:

  1. Does Google have any tools that can be used to poll members of a Google news group.

    Tendo

    ReplyDelete