Tuesday, July 22, 2003

Life on the road - it's all glamorous

My itinerary today:




  • 9:30am flight: Chicago – DC. Cancelled. (Got the last seat on the next flight, got in a half hour ahead of my meeting.)




  • Got into DCA after my meeting to fly to Raleigh and noticed that flights to Raleigh were delayed 2-3 hours. Rather than wait until 8:45, I noticed the 5:30 was due to take off at 8 (it was 7:30). At the Admirals Club, got the receptionist to put me on it so I’d actually get in early. Riiiiight.




  • That flight circled Raleigh while we all watched a spectacular lightning show. Captain announced we were diverting to Norfolk (190 miles from Raleigh).




  • They let us off the plane (in Norfolk). Airport’s closed, there’s no food (I didn’t get dinner in DC, as I was landing in Raleigh in less than an hour and figured I could eat at the hotel), and they have no idea whether we’re leaving tonight or not.




  • It’s now 10:05pm, I have another hour to go before they tell us if the weather’s cleared over Raleigh. For what it’s worth, this is what it looks like right now:





(I think it’s safe to say my day o’ fun isn’t over yet.)



The only silver lining: there’s no food, no drinks, no books, no magazines. But there is WiFi. T-Mobile, you are doing the Lord’s work.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you've had a tough time! I've been lucky in my various travels to not experience this.

    ReplyDelete