Tuesday, February 10, 2004

Job search, update

I promised an update back on Saturday, so here goes. I’ve corresponded with some of you directly (and if I haven’t done so yet, don’t take it personally!) in the past week or so, but just in case you haven’t heard: I’m no longer at Interface Software. Best way to reach me is by e-mail at rick@rklau.com. My cell phone (if you had that number) hasn’t changed either.



I’m in the process of deciding where to go next. Though I’m not looking to relocate (we’re currently in suburban Chicago), I’ve worked remotely in the past and would actually enjoy doing it again. By all means, if you’d like to hire me, drop me a line! Seriously though, I’m not ruling anything out right now. I’m taking advantage of this break to give some thought to what I should be doing, and the first step in that process is talking to as many folks out there as possible who might have some ideas to share. (If you’d like a more complete view of my background, my profile at LinkedIn should give you a good idea of what I’ve done, and what my background is.)



I’m constantly amazed by the variety and number of people who read this weblog on a regular basis. I’m looking forward to hearing from as many of you as possible in the next week or two. I’m sure you’re all a lot more creative than I am…



In other news, being home the past few weeks has turned out to be a blessing. We’ve had not one but two trips to the hospital (one for my son, who had another seizure, and one for my wife, who is fortunately doing fine now) in the past couple weeks. The time between jobs (coupled with Dean’s precipitous decline, more on that in a separate post) has given me the free time needed to finally, really, finish the $%*&!@ basement project that I’m embarassed to say I started, oh, a year ago. With any luck, I’ll have the rest of the drywall up within the week.



Like I said on Saturday — there’s a lot going on here. I’ll provide updates as they’re available. In the meantime, I look forward to hearing from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment