Sunday, May 15, 2005

Dave Chappelle not crazy, not on crack

Time Magazine breaks the story: Dave Chappelle is neither crazy nor on crack. Time subscribers (which I’m not) can access the full magazine article here.



If I were a cynic, I’d point out that this sure has created a lot of free publicity at almost precisely the same time that Season 2 of Chappelle’s show shows up in stores… and that his much talked about contract will create $50m only if sales of his DVDs remain strong.



But I’m not a cynic. Or at least not now. This sounds like it was a genuinely rough time for all involved, and I hope he emerges from this hiatus stronger, more confident in those around him, and funnier.



Gotta admit: this’ll make for some choice material for the show.

1 comment:

  1. Bugmenot.com account for the Time stories:

    Acct. Number: 14089470650
    E-mail: kaiser@mailinator.com

    ReplyDelete