Saturday, May 14, 2005

Naperville Library Bookmarklet

Man, this is just too cool. I remember when Jenny wrote about this years ago, but I’m only just getting to implementing it on my end for the Naperville library (best library in the country, six years running, thank you very much!). And guess what? It works!



This is a bookmarklet (a button in your browser’s toolbar) that will check your local library for a book you’re looking at in Amazon. So… while you’re browsing the catalog at Amazon.com, clicking this button in your toolbar will check your library’s catalog to see if it’s in stock. For me, not only does Naperville’s catalog tell me if it’s available, but I can put a hold on it and get an e-mail when the book is available.



Slick!



For anyone in Naperville who wants to use this, the base URL for the form is “http://68.76.233.73:8080” (no quotes).

No comments:

Post a Comment