Saturday, November 18, 2006

Google Maps on Treo 650

Wowowowowow. I’d seen Google Maps on Java-enabled phones before, but it was never compatible with the Treo I’ve been carrying for the last couple years. The other day I loaded Google in my Treo’s browser, and saw a link to Google Maps for Treo. Smart move on Google’s part: they sniffed my browser’s user agent, saw I was using a Treo, and pushed out a link to install the app.



For Treo users, go to www.google.com/gmm in your browser; for those reading this on a PC who want to read more, details are here. It’s great – you can find businesses, load a map of the area, get driving directions, and even see real-time traffic reports. Very, very slick, and a must-have for any Treo users.

1 comment:

  1. Very cool! Thanks for pointing that one out, it's sure to become a new favorite on my Treo.

    ReplyDelete