Saturday, November 1, 2003

Updated RSS template to include MTMacro

Just a tech note for anyone interested in such things: I just modified my RSS template in Movable Type to include macros from MTMacro. Here’s what I did:




  • Created a Movable Type module that contains all MTMacros (currently using a Google macro and an Amazon macro that invokes the MT-Amazon plugin). I can now reference these macros from any other MT template by using the following line: <$MTInclude module=“MTMacros”$>. I added this line to the RSS template.



  • Added the string apply_macros=“1” to the <MTEntries> tag so that the RSS template now executes any MTMacros.



Pretty straightforward. End result is that anyone who reads this site primarily through their aggregator will still see the benefit of MTMacros (otherwise, the RSS feed just ignored the macro mark-up, and the reader is left without hyperlinks).

No comments:

Post a Comment