Monday, January 19, 2004

Coverage from the front lines

I’m laying in bed, recovering from a terrible bout of stomach flu. My son got the flu at the same time, so we’ve made a great two-some. We don’t have a TV in the bedroom, so I’ve been mostly sleeping the flu off while also trying to keep my son entertained. (Right now, he’s watching Tarzan, which is a great film, BTW.)



In any event, I’m getting most of my Iowa fix from DailyKos — it’s a great combination of rumors from inside various campaigns, observations from last-minute campaign events, and predictions that are worth the paper they’re printed on (but interesting to read nonetheless). This is a weblog at its best: very personal, engaging and more informed than much of the “traditional” coverage out there.



Noone seems to know what happens tonight. When I first got involved in the Dean campaign, I told a friend that I wanted a debate. If we got a debate out of the process, I would be happy, regardless of the outcome. There are certainly at least a couple of scenarios in which Dean pulls out a victory tonight, but there are just as many scenarios in which Edwards pulls ahead, or Kerry finishing strong. There seems to be wide agreement that Gephardt is fading.



Wild.

No comments:

Post a Comment