Thursday, January 15, 2004

Josh Marshall: Blogger of the Year

Congratulations are in order for Josh Marshall. I’ve known Josh for something like seven years, and his success is entirely deserved. If you’re interested in politics and you’re not reading Josh’s weblog Talking Points Memo, you’re missing out. Editor and Publisher, an old-school journal covering the newspaper industry, added an award category for bloggers this year, and Josh was the well-deserving first recipient.



Josh recounted that he had trouble explaining blogs to Arthur Schlesinger (like Josh, I’m a big fan). I shared with Josh my discovery (not unique to me, as it turns out) that blogs have considerable historical precedent. Next time Josh runs into Arthur Schlesinger, he can drop a little Bailyn down on him and get Art up to speed.



Congrats, Josh!

No comments:

Post a Comment