Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Garmin GPS Map 60cs for sale

If you’re looking for a fully-featured GPS unit, you could do a lot worse than this device from Garmin. I bought it a little over a year ago, and got very excited about geocaching… funny thing is, life with three kids has rather significantly reduced our leisure time. While I have every intention of getting back into it in a year or two, it’s just not likely to be practical in the short-term. I love the device, but our new van has a nav system built in so a lot of what we were using it for is now moot.



Anyway… I’m putting this item up on my blog to see if anyone’s interested in buying it. Brand new the unit will run $350 – $450. In addition to the base unit, I’ve got the auto navigation kit (which includes the mounting bracket for your dash, the cigarette lighter power adapter, and the 2004 City Select street maps for North America. (Retail on that is another $200+.) Finally, it includes the USB cable and the 2004 Topo Maps on CD for all of North America (another $100+ retail). All told, this is $650 or more new, I’ll sell the whole package for $500.



I’m also testing Edgeio out on this, it will be interesting to see how it works.





Tags:
edgeio-key: 853ecb409d6fb33eec0e447980c2117b9da65e95



Drop me a note at rick@rklau.com if you’re interested.

4 comments:

  1. I think it's a bit old-fashioned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rick, I'm curious how this turned out for you. Did you get any hits, offers, or make a sale? I have several things I'm going to be selling am thinking about trying Edgeio.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marie -

    No hits/requests for info. Keep in mind that this was officially pre-launch, but the unit is still listed there and presumably *someone* would've dropped me a note in the last couple of months with a question. No clue if my experience was typical or not, but I still own the GPS. Will be selling it on eBay once I get the time to list it and the dozen other things that are waiting on me... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to know. I think I will give it a shot as soon as I get organized (famous last words). Thanks for the quick reply.

    ReplyDelete