Monday, February 27, 2006

ReelViews RSS feed

Two years before the World Wide Web was a gleam in Tim Berners-Lee’s eyes, I was already a multi-year Internet veteran. And one of my earliest habits online was to see what reviews James Berardinelli had published on Usenet. I didn’t know much about James — just that he posted regularly, I almost always appreciated his insights into movies, and he had a knack for writing in a no-nonsense style that resonated with me.



It’s almost 15 years later, and James is still a regular contributor online, just these days it’s at his own website, ReelViews. Now with more than 3,000 reviews, he’s a terrific resource when it comes to movies.



But the reason for me writing tonight is that in a very small way, I got to repay the favor of 15 years of trusty reviews… I helped get him set up with his very own RSS feed. It’s here. I predict it’ll have a ton of subscribers in very short order…



Welcome to the wonderful world of RSS, James!

No comments:

Post a Comment