Thursday, May 8, 2003

Dean Meetup in New Hampshire

Great write-up from a blogger who went to the Meetup in New Hampshire where Gov. Dean spoke:




Howard Dean Meetup in Nashua, NH: This guy rocks!



It’s way beyond midnight, heading towards 2am and I’m tired. Philip, again, is talking about schools in his community.nbspBut all I want to do is nbspgo to bed. And I would, but ………….



This great man, this great leader, breathes hope into the healing of America.


My notes and reflections follow:



Josh – a Dean campaign staffer – was the first one in the room,nbspsoon followed by Eric?). Josh introduced himself to me and quickly excused himself to taking care of business. He, as I would also come to see in the rest of the staff, was focused, knew what needed to be done, and when to do it. …



It is time for us to stop temporizing and compromising.



We are tired of being divided by race.
We are tired of being divided by income.
We are tired of being divided by gender.
We are tired of being divided by sexual orientation.
We are tired of being divided.


Howard Dean’s Call to Action is about giving you, giving me, a reason to stand up for what we believe in.



Howard Dean’s Call to Action is about revoking the Bush Preemptive Doctrine.



HowardnbspDean’s Call to Action is about changing presidents and changing foreign policy.



Howard Dean’s Call to Action is about becoming whole as a country, community-by-community.



Howard Dean is resolute. And, you know what?



So am I.


[via Shiny Glass Beads]

No comments:

Post a Comment