Monday, May 19, 2003

I win!

In a battle of man vs. iPod, I won. It bent to my will, and finally accepted data from my computer. (Turns out the Apple tech support guy was right: it was the iPod, the cable or the Firewire card. The Firewire card, actually.)



After replacing the Greek knock-off Firewire card (sold at the Apple store) with an Adaptec Firewire card, everything worked swimmingly.



Now I have to start ripping all my CDs, something I should’ve started doing years ago.



Anyone have recommendations for noise cancelling headphones? I’m particularly interested in earbuds, so the Sony earbuds seem promising.

1 comment:

  1. Don't waste your time or money on the Sony earbuds, go for the ER-6's, i.e. www.gudhear.com, they are right near you, i.e. near ORD, and are sensational.

    I love my iPod, have about 3,000 tunes on it now, and the ER-6's are over the top.

    Buzz

    ReplyDelete