Monday, May 19, 2003

Top 10 Tenets Of Principled Computing

Top 10 Tenets Of Principled Computing I am not a Microsoft hater, Macintosh zealot, or Linux nerd. I do, however, believe in principled computing. My law office uses multiple operating systems and multiple applications, some open source, some not. I care more about how my data is formatted and stored than how the data is created. My decisions about computing are not arbitrary, they are based on principles that I’ve been refining for years.



Great stuff from Erik about where data should live, how it should get there, and what to do with it once it’s there. Erik’s been thinking about this for longer than most, and is remarkably objective when it comes to his conclusions. (In the interest of fair disclosure, he should mention that he’s a former Macintosh zealot. But I’ll let it slide.)

1 comment:

  1. "Top 10 Tenets of Principled Computing"

    By Erik J. Heels (info@heels.com) First published 5/17/2003; LawLawLaw Newsletter; Law Offices of Erik J. Heels "I am not a

    ReplyDelete