Tuesday, August 26, 2003

Come again?

Dave Winer says




So far Dean has used the Web to raise money to spend on big rallies and TV ads. That’s using the Web in kind of a nasty way. But he also helps people find what’s good inside themselves. That’s why people give him the money. I want a candidate to use the Web to listen. It doesn’t take much money to do that.




It’ll come as no surprise to anyone reading this that I’m a Dean supporter. (And if you want to see my coverage of his rally in Chicago today, swing by today’s posts for some photos and observations.)



But I’m at a loss to comprehend how Dean’s Internet strategy is “nasty.” Dave wants a candidate to use the web to listen. Well, take a gander over to Larry Lessig’s interview last week with Joe Trippi (Dean’s campaign manager) and tell me whether they’re listening or not.



I think there are numerous critical things that could be said of the Dean campaign at this point. But nasty? With their Internet strategy? I’m missing something.

1 comment:

  1. It's Dave Winer. Dean's in the news this week. Dave Winer likes to be in the news as much as possible. So in typical fashion, he makes some inane remark about Dean - since we all know Dave is THE authority on anything at all to do with the Web.
    "Using the web in a nasty way" coming from Winer. Now THERE'S your irony.

    ReplyDelete