Monday, August 4, 2003

Quote of the day: Will Saletan

This probably shouldn’t make me laugh, but it does:




One of the comedies of the 2004 campaign is watching all the candidates other than Dean claim to be angry when they clearly aren’t. … If you got into a fender bender with Dean, and he got out of his car and started walking toward you, you’d be afraid he was going to hit you. If, on the other hand, you looked up and saw that the guy approaching your car was Lieberman, you’d ease up and roll down your window.




Here’s the thing: what the press is calling anger, I call conviction. It’s a big difference. One makes you marginal. The other makes you the frontrunner.

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree with you. I was watching Dean's ads, and found myself just drawn into them, even in the little Windows Media Player window. By the end of the ad, I was just struck at how natural and real he was, and that he really believed what he was saying. He wasn't angry - he was definate and strong.

    ReplyDelete