Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Safer Toys

Right before Google bought FeedBurner, I was inspired to set up a site to try and help parents stay on top of which toys might be harmful to their children. The site is called SaferToys.org, and the concept is simple: create a crowd-sourced site where parents can submit stories about harmful toys, or simply vote up those news items they thick deserve more attention.

But as I noted at the time, I had zero time after the acquisition. And now that I'm getting a sense of just how busy the Blogger gig is going to keep me, I have even less. :) I haven't touched the site in 18 months, so the site really isn't doing what it could.

I still want to see this site succeed. Anyone have any thoughts about how to put the domain (and, if appropriate, the app itself) to good use?

2 comments: