Wednesday, December 3, 2003

Social networking idea

Here’s a suggestion for the various social networking sites out there: give me a way to introduce someone to someone else. Here’s the idea: I have two people in my network. Today, any of the social networking sites waits until a user initiates a request; that request comes to me, then I decide to approve it or reject it.



But what about a connection I want to initiate, instead of simply facilitate?



I’ve really come to like LinkedIn for its ability to grow and manage a professional network (it’s more explicitly business focused than more sites like Ryze, Tribe, and others). And this idea would change LinkedIn’s model (since I don’t have any other way to conclusively establish that two users are connected directly to each other), but it seems that the function would be sufficiently useful that it’s worth exploring…

No comments:

Post a Comment