Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Fun moments in parenting

My three year-old crawled into bed this morning at 5:30, and for no particular reason, put his hand against mine. He paused, then said wistfully, “Still small.”



Tonight, eating out for dinner, our five year-old had finished his chocolate milk. Robin had a chocolate shake (remember, she’s eating for two) and while Ricky wasn’t looking, poured some of her shake into his cup. A few minutes later, Ricky figured out that his cup now magically had chocolate shake in it, thought about it for a few minutes, and then asked, “Is this like when the ice cubes turn into water?”



No particular reason for sharing, other than sometimes I really enjoy seeing how their amazing brains work…

2 comments:

  1. “Still small.” That's great! The Little Sister does something similar when we say she's little: "No. I big now! See?" and stands on her tippy-toes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing, Rick. And there is a reason--these are the things that make it all worthwhile. I have comments from my youngest scattered throughout my blog, and James Lilaks has made it a cottage industry in his.

    ReplyDelete