Saturday, June 25, 2005

Talk about bad luck: Chicago police, part II

This is funny, I saw the original post pointing out the Chicago police website, then made the same connection that Steven Levitt did:

In my last post, I talked about how Chicago police have begun posting pictures on the internet of johns caught soliciting prostitutes. Based on the numbers given in a Chicago Tribune article, it seemed the chance of arrest for a john, per solicitation, was 1 in 10,000. … Some guys get lucky and win the lottery against all odds, [Kenyuata] gets his picture on the web twice in a week. [Freakonomics Blog]
One other thing I noticed: the unfortunately named john arrested on June 15: Howard Lovelady.
 
I just started reading Freakonomics on the flight out; I’ll write up some observations on the plane tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment